Like for-profit companies, a non-profit company has many unique challenges. More often than not, you will need multiple non-profit insurance policies to stay fully protected.
Whether your company is a global non-profit helping others around the world or a local affiliate making a difference in a small community, insuring against day-to-day risks just makes sense.
The needs of non-profit businesses vary, but these are standard policies a majority of non-profits purchase.
- General Liability – Protection from third party claims alleging damages for incidents such as bodily injury, personal injury or property damage.
- Property – Offers protection for your building, its contents and employees.
- Directors & Officers Liability – Covers your non-profit’s executives and board of directors in the event of claims of mismanagement, breach of financial duties and duty of care.
- Event Liability – Coverage for events when your business is responsible. Additional coverage can be added to your policy, such as Liquor Liability or Cancellation Insurance.
Policies that add protection for your for non-profits include:
- Business Interruption – Coverage for loss of earnings when your non-profit is closed due to a covered peril, such as a fire or cyber-attack.
- Commercial Auto (Hired and Non-Owned) – Coverage for vehicles in the event they incur physical damage, cause physical damage or bodily injury to others.
- Cyber Liability – Provides coverage against costs that can accrue as a result of theft or breach of client/customer data.
- Workers’ Compensation – Ensures employees that suffer job-related injuries receive the care they need.
Finding the insurance your non-profit needs
At Lockton Affinity, we know inefficient insurance programs increase operating costs and ultimately erode the funding intended for your cause. We also know that non-profits have budget limitations at both the national and affiliate levels. We will work to get you the right coverage at the right price.